In the last few days I have been very busy preparing James pirate birthday party. The theme mirrors his current interest into old ships with cannons, pirate ships, sailing, and ship battles, like the Spanish Armada. In the last week he has spent a lot of time studying a history book and its images asking a lot of questions and having long history conversations with his dad. Today he started the day again looking at this book and expressing the wish to have an Italian book with the same contents. We have already ordered a few Italian books on the matter, so he can read them for as long as he likes. So he has now started drawing a ship and he is writing all the names of the parts of the ship in Italian. Last night at the dinner table he started quoting English words I. Rhyme, belonging to the same family like sat bat, cat, bag, then he went on with the oo phoneme, loose, goose, soot, foot, spoon, etc. it was beautiful and he wrote it as well. This morning he drew a beautiful battle ship and wrote all the parts in cursive. His concentration was very deep.
Annalaura in the last few days has literally exploded with her letters making countless connections between the sounds in words and the letters she knows, in English and Italian. this has made me very proud, as the work with the letters somehow has stimulated her and her brain, in her own time has made all the connections, so she is very ready, we ought to continue and I guess soon she will be making up her first words :)
Ps in the pictures below I also caught her gazing at the beautiful covers of the books we recently bought. We try to surround them with beautiful inspiring books, and I can see her soaking in them, like when she browses them :).

























Nessun commento:
Posta un commento